The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) team comprises the Corporate Information Systems, IT Service Delivery, IT Service Management, Network, and Systems teams.
This position sits in the IT Service Delivery team, which has operational responsibility for ICT support, Print and Digitisation and AV services on all University sites, focusing on service quality and the relationship with customers. You will work closely with the Team Leader: ICT Service Support and other ICT Team Leaders to deliver professional ICT services to the students, staff, delegates and visitors of the University.
The role would suit a confident individual, who is a highly effective communicator with the ability to build good working relationships. S/he will need to be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and manage personal workloads and deadlines.
*Hours of work:
You will be required to take part in a scheduled rota to provide service support during the University’s core support hours (08:00 until 19:00, 7 days a week) and must have a flexible approach to covering absence at short notice.
You will be required to work across all University sites, which are typically within 2 miles of Worcester city centre and will be required to travel between sites on a regular basis. This could involve the transport of equipment and it is therefore desirable that the successful applicant has a full driving licence and either access to personal transport, or be willing to use University vehicles where available.
Closing date: Sunday 02 Jul 2017
Reference number: ICT1704 - 3330
- Job details
- Reference number: ICT1704 - 3330 Closing Date: 02/07/2017 Salary: Band 4 £18,411 - £20,624 with opportunity to progress to £21,843
- 37 hours
- As soon as possible
- Responsible to
- Service Delivery Manager via Team Leader ICT Service Support
- Responsible for
- Interview date
- To be confirmed
For more information about the ICT team please visit:
- Main duties
1. To ensure Service Desk coverage is always available to provide telephone, remote and desk side support to a high degree of customer satisfaction.
2. To ensure all Incidents and Service Requests are successfully and accurately identified, categorised, prioritised, diagnosed and managed in the ICT Service Desk from staff, students, delegates and visitors.
3. To take ownership of Incidents and Service Requests through to resolution, ensuring that Incidents and Service Requests are escalated as required to meet the agreed SLAs, ensuring communication with the end user is maintained during the life of a call.
4. To work closely with the ICT Team Leader: ICT Service support and other team members to ensure the University’s hardware and software functions appropriately to meet learning and teaching requirements.
5. To deliver and set up ICT & Media equipment and support teaching technologies in the classroom environment.
6. To provide a technical contribution to projects at the request of the ICT Team Leader: ICT Service Support and other team members.
7. To work closely with other teams within ICT to ensure that students and staff experience professional service delivery.
8. To work closely with the ICT Team Leader: ICT Service Support and other team members to ensure that training materials and programs are designed and delivered where necessary.
9. To carry out any other appropriate duties as specified by the ICT Team Leader: IT Service Support.
*Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job; participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
*Take steps to ensure and enhance personal health, safety and well being and that of other staff and students.
*Carry out these duties in a manner that promotes equality of opportunity and supports diversity and inclusion, and takes into account the University's commitment to environmentally sustainable ways of working.
- Person specification
Please provide evidence of how you meet each of the essential criteria.
1. Higher qualification (e.g. HND) in IT, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience that demonstrates a high level of technical understanding and ability.
2. Experience of performing a customer-facing role responsible for delivering high quality and time-critical service(s).
3. Demonstrable experience of working in a technical service delivery team where you have made a significant contribution to 1st and 2nd line IT support.
4. Experience of configuring mobile devices for internet connectivity and printing.
5. Experience of working with Active Directory including account administration.
6. The ability to work flexibly. The role will be subject to the University’s core ICT Support Rota, covering all sites including The Hive from 08:00 – 19:00, 7 days a week.
7. An understanding of IT service delivery best practices.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills in both formal and informal situations, with the ability to communicate complex or detailed technical information clearly and accurately in the most appropriate format to individuals or groups who may have varying levels of technical knowledge.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships across teams and external organisations, and with students, staff, delegates and visitors of the University.
10. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision e.g. demonstrable experience of prioritising tasks, co-operative working, renegotiating deadlines, communicating progress, etc.
11. Proven experience of PC hardware maintenance and fault-finding on desktops, laptops and network printers.Advanced knowledge and experience of providing technical support for Microsoft Office including the Outlook mail client.
12. Proven experience of supporting Windows 7 and 10 including network configuration.
Physical requirements: This post involves lifting and carrying items of equipment.
1. Microsoft Certification
2. ITIL Foundation certificate
3. Proven experience of supporting Mac OSX including network configuration.
4. Practical experience of applying network protocols. e.g. TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
Applications from Non EEA Workers:
Prospective applicants are advised to ensure that they are eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
Prospective applicants in points-based system immigration routes should assess their circumstances against the published criteria, which are set out on the GOV.UK website at www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration.
Visit www.naric.org.uk/visasandnationality for more information on how you can use a qualification from outside the UK to meet the requirements of the immigration rules.
Unspent convictions, cautions and bind-overs
The University is strongly committed to the fair treatment of its staff and potential staff, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibility for dependants, age, physical/mental disability or offending background.
In line with the University's policy on the Recruitment of People with a Criminal Record, shortlisted candidates are required to provide information of any unspent convictions, cautions and bind-overs. Applicants are advised to seek independent advice if there is any doubt about the status of a previous conviction, caution or bind-over. Disclosures will only be considered at the point when an offer of employment is made. The existence of a criminal record will not in itself prevent you from gaining employment.
This is a description of the job as it is presently constituted. This job description is intended to enable a flexible approach to be offered working across the University as required. It is subject to review and amendment in the light of changing needs of the University and to provide appropriate development opportunities. Members of staff are expected to participate fully in discussions about changing requirements and it is the University's aim to reach agreement to reasonable change. If agreement is not possible, it reserves the right to require changes to the job description after consultation with the individual concerned.